The conversion team at Scowsailing.com had a chance to sail this grey ghost before conversion and we were very impressed Known as “Firewater” where she sailed in Lake James Indiana, this boat had two owners and both were meticulous. At only 579lbs. (class weight is 595), Firewater is a nimble competitor.
This boat is tuned for racing with the following expensive features:
- spinnaker sheet ratchets allow for smaller lines
- windward sheeting main car
- anodized boards and rudders
- nearly new UK sails and decent backup set by North
- great trailer with new tires, ready for regatta travel
- 3/4 inch core-X foam is thicker and stiffer than the usual 1/2 Johnson core
- Typical meticulous Johnson build quality
- Did we say its only 579 pre-conversion pounds?
- Harken full deck boat cover
Conversion is done and this boat comes with decent asymmetrical spinnaker. Buy before March 15 for only $3000. After that the price goes up $500 due to storage considerations.