Alexandria, Virginia April 29 – 30, 2016
Organizing Authority: Potomac River Sailing Association
Club/Host Organization: Potomac River (PO) Inland 20 Fleet
Official Web Site: http://scowsailing.com/
NOTICE OF RACE
- This regatta is governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing 2017 – 2020, the prescriptions of the US Sailing Association, and the rules of the National Inland 20 Scow Sailing Association (NISSA).
- Sailing Instructions will be distributed at registration.
- Eligibility and Entry
- The regatta is open to all Inland 20 scows.
- All competitors must register and pay the entry fee at http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/14524. Online registration and payment is required in order to be scored for the regatta.
- Entry Fee
The registration fee of $75 includes two days of racing and a social ticket for the skipper and crew for Saturday as well as light appetizers and beverages after racing on Saturday and Sunday.
Check-in: 0800 – 0900
Skippers Meeting: 1000
First warning signal: 1130
No warning signal after: 1600
First warning signal: 0930
No warning signal after: 1130
- Sailing Instructions
Sailing instructions will be available at check-in and from the event website. http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/14524#_docs
- The Washington Sailing Marina is located just off of the George Washington Parkway about 1.5 miles south of Reagan National Airport and similar distance north of Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. The street address for Internet directions is: 1 Marina Drive, Alexandria, VA 22314.
- Marina Entry: Participants bringing boats from outside of the marina on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning will be provided a code to the gate via email. Payment of marina entrance/launch/storage fees is not required. PRSA will cover the cost of these fees for visiting boats for up to two launches (Saturday and Sunday) and up to two overnight stays (e.g., Fri – Sat and Sat – Sun).
- The regatta will be sailed on the PRSA Upper Course (off of Haines Point with the Capitol and monuments as a backdrop) or the lower course as conditions dictate. http://www.potomacriversailing.org/PRSASailingWaters.htm
- The fleet can expect to see either windward-leeward and/or Olympic courses for both days. A windward-offset mark may be used for some or all races.
- One race is required to be completed to constitute a series.
- If fewer than 5 races are completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores. This changes RRS A2, Appendix A, Scoring. If 6 or more races are completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores excluding the worst score.
Trophies will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places (minimum). Deeper awards may be given.
Three 2-ton cranes and two launch ramps are available at the Washington Sailing Marina for competitors.
The PRSA Inland 20 scow fleet will host a social on Saturday afternoon or early evening. The venue for the social will be announced at the skippers meeting and posted to the regatta web site.
- Further Information
Please contact Stew Harris with any questions: stewharris-at-earthlink.net or 202-373-2085.