This is one of the most unique and sought-after vintage hulls made by Melges: a cedar-cored M20 with Stuart Proctor spars from England. This boat left the Melges factory in 1972.
Wow…this is a museum piece. All original Philippine mahogany brightwork, original Proctor spars and original halyard setup. And…this boat has been upgraded to carry the new I20 asymmetric spinnaker. Continue reading Sold!…1968 Melges Inland 20
Johnson was in its heyday when this boat rolled out of the glass shop in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. And, if it’s like most Johnson scows of that era, this boat is stiff and dry. In the right hands, she will fly.
This boat was nearly sold, but the deal fell through and is back on the market for a mere $1500.
Phantom has won two National Championships, an ILYA Championship, and many other races and events. All this with sailing just four or five regattas per year, and no other sailing at all. This boat is tuned, honed and immaculate. In its entire life, this boat has had fewer hours of use than the typical I-20 would get in one or two seasons of racing.
The list of equipment includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Teflon hard-coated bilgeboards
- Faired and painted rudders, with custom tillers, tiller crossbar and tiller extensions
- 8:1 Custom Cunningham to skipper on both sides
- 6:1 Custom Backstay to skipper on both sides
- 12:1 Custom Vang to skipper on both sides
- Custom internal spinnaker halyard to skipper, along with custom halyard take-up reel
- Dual Ritchie SS2000 compasses
- Two extra airbags
- Custom gear bag
- Envelope cover
- Full deck cover
- Regatta boom cover
- Custom I-20 trailer with custom molded bunks
- Custom winch to assist with putting on and taking off the envelope cover
- Complete suit of Quantum sails, new in 2007 and in perfect condition
Contact John Spargo at jspargo (at) spargoconsulting.com or 319-three nine three-0171.
Congratulations to the father/son team that just acquired this boat! It sports the latest carbon fiber mast and was converted from an M20 by Windward Boatworks, which developed the I20.
The hull was originally made by OSP in 1996, from the Johnson mold. OSP had a reputation for making sturdy, dry boats. This one comes with two spinnakers, two Mylar jibs (one used once) two mains, two boat covers and trailer.